Time and Space Does NOT Equal Money and Doesn't Exist

Each person is the architect of their wealth. "- Chinese proverb

Image result for time and money


A common misconception about business is the idea that time equals money. Since most of us come from background employees, it's easy to see where such an idea comes from.

As an employee, you pay mostly by the hour (or salary, but the concept is the same.) You work a certain number of hours and get a certain level of pay. If you work more than the agreed hours - usually 40 hours a week - then you will get more. And if you work less, you will be paid less. Therefore, there is a direct link between your time and effort and the amount of money you receive.

But this is not about business. As an entrepreneur, you are not paid on time or even based on effort. They were paid for one thing and one thing only ... value. As a business owner, the amount of money you make is directly proportional to the amount of value you create in your client's life, no matter how long or effort it takes.

Plumber

You may have heard the old story of a plumber who comes to repair a leaky faucet, turn one nut and charge a customer $ 100. When the buyer requested a detailed bill, the plumber wrote:

  • Turning the nut = $ 1
  • Knowing which loose nut to turn = $ 99
  • See? It wasn't all was because of the results.
  • A two-minute toothache

You may or may not have heard of Sam Owens. However, in my world of business consulting, he is legendary. Sam addresses this myth of time-equating money with what may be my favourite analogy. He shared ...
My tooth ached. It hurts. So I went to the dentist. He quickly evaluated my mouth and said, "It doesn't look good, and it will cost you $ 1000 to deal with the pain. But the good news is that it will only take me two minutes and you will feel amazing again."


I said to him, "It only takes two minutes and you charge me $ 1000? Are you crazy?"


The dentist calmly thought about it for a few seconds, then said, "Well, it could take five hours if you feel more comfortable about the appointment ... but in the end, the same result will be the same."

Again, notice that this is not about what the dentist does.

Rich affiliate


One of the hardest things to do when you first start learning the WA model, building a website and creating content is letting go of the idea that your income is somehow related to the time and effort you put into your business.

I once mentioned that one of my writer-focused marketing titles talked about how I could earn six-figure work by working less than an hour a day with my writing. I was invited to make such a bold statement and I said no one could do it.

What this person failed to realize is that as a writer I often work less than an hour a day. I have reached the level where I can detect a 1500 word article in about 45 minutes. (Indeed, I was known to throw out as many as 5,000 words in an hour, but that's another story.)

Moreover, I made $ 11,000 in sales just before the weekend, which puts me on course to earn over six digits this year. Not to mention we have members here at Wealthy Affiliate who made $ 100,000 in one week. (Hi, Jerry.)

I’m not saying any of that to impress you because, honestly, you probably couldn’t care less. Instead of bringing it up to show that there is no connection between my time and my income. The only thing that matters is the result.

Say, for argument's sake, I'm telling the truth and I can write a 1500-word article in less than an hour. And that article makes gangbusters and earns me $ 1000 this month. Nice, isn't it? Not bad for a 45-minute job.

For example, I lied that I couldn't write so quickly. And, for the sake of argument, let's just say it takes me the same 10 hours to write that same article. And at the end of the month, it still earns me $ 1,000.

What's the difference?


That, of course, is a trick question. It makes no difference except how long it took me to write it. In other words, I was not paid for my time; I was only paid for the result.
This is an extremely simple concept, but it can be difficult to wrap your head around if you have never looked at work and money before. However, I cannot think of any concept that is more important to you to understand and accept with all your heart.

Once you learn to take time out of your money, your whole life will change. You will earn a lot more and work a lot less. And who wouldn't love that, right?



Please share your thoughts and comments and let me know if you have a great story "time is not money".

Martin van Dijk

Do you want make a fortune as a SUPER affiliate?  Than you're here at the right place

http://easyworkwithmartin.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A GREAT SIDE INCOME IN 2019/ 2020?

Mind Reset: How To Reset Your Mind So You Can Eliminate Self-Limiting Beliefs